Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mini Chairs on Canvas-art exhibit by Diane Plant

Real Estate is my full time career. As many of you know, we need to have outside passions. Mine is a hobby in art.

I have a works on canvas called Mini Chairs on Canvas. They are "whimsical, bright and energetic". I have always been intrigued by miniatures and I first fell in love with mini "Adirondack" chairs as they are called in the US or "Muskoka" chairs in Canada. I then starting working with Bar Stools, Windsor chairs, Ladder Backs, Arrow backs and more.

These chairs are painted in happy, bright colours and are arranged on different sized canvases. I then arrange them in whimsical, three dimension formations on each canvas. They pop off the canvas about 3".



My latest exhibit was installed yesterday in Toronto, at a fantastic restaurant called Mashu, Mashu Mediterranean Grill, 387 Spadina Rd. in the heart of the city. http://www.mashumashu.ca/

I hope those of you living in or near Toronto get a chance to come out and see my art as well as take in a fabulous dinner.

Previous exhibits:

St. Clair ARTWALK: juried

Rena Foundation fundraiser

No comments: